In the course of our business, we collect, use and process personal information in order to provide our services.
By providing us with personal information (through our websites, by e-mail, in person or by telephone), you consent to the processing of your personal information as described in this policy, and you authorize SDC Laurier Ouest and its service providers to process your personal information for the purposes set out below.
Personal information collected by laurierouest.com is treated in accordance with the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector. This Act sets out the principles to be followed in collecting, using, disclosing with or without consent, retaining and destroying personal information, while implementing security measures appropriate to the nature and quantity of the information.
Personal information collected
laurierouest.com uses Google Analytics to measure web traffic and analyze website visits. Google Analytics uses “cookies” to collect information about your use of some or all of the website’s pages. This information is used for statistical purposes to improve your experience.
This information includes :
- your computer’s truncated IP address (your IP address is modified, making it impossible to link you to it),
- your Internet service provider,
- browser type, language, version and other data (e.g. Chrome, Safari), region or municipality, as determined by IP address, point of origin (e.g. banner, e-mail, social network, etc.)
- the pages consulted on laurierouest.com (sequence of consultation, interactions on the page, date, time, duration and frequency of your visits and your activities (clicks, screen scrolling, etc.).
When you communicate with us in other ways, we may collect and process various types of personal information about you in the course of carrying out our activities and providing our services:
- Identity information (first and last names);
- Contact information (postal address, e-mail address and telephone number);
- Communication preferences (language spoken);
- any other personal information voluntarily provided by e-mail
We collect your personal information in several ways:
- Directly and in person during meetings at our offices and on site visits;
- By digital means (telephone, e-mail, fax);
- When you subscribe to our newsletter via our Web sites;
- When you request information via our contact form on our websites;
- To provide our services and for the general conduct of our business, to administer and perform those services;
- To respond to inquiries from visitors to our Web sites.
- To send our newsletter and event invitations where a person has opted to receive such communications (they may unsubscribe at any time);
- To satisfy and comply with applicable legal, regulatory or risk management obligations.
- Please note that your personal information may be shared (in addition to with our employees) with certain third parties, such as
- third-party service providers and/or partners who help us establish, manage and maintain our relationship with you and provide us with products and services. These third parties may access or process personal information in connection with the services they provide to us. We limit the information we provide to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our written contracts with these service providers require them to take reasonable and lawful steps to maintain the confidentiality of such information; governmental, regulatory or law enforcement agencies when we are required to disclose such information or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws;
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that provides basic statistics and analytical tools. This data helps with search engine optimization (SEO).
The information is stored mainly in the United States. Google may share this information with third parties if required to do so by law, or when processing it on their behalf. Information is also shared with the Quebec government’s Google Ads and Google Search Console accounts.
Google’s advertising cookies are also used to gather demographic and interest-related information. This information cannot be associated with an individual. Google will never link the information collected with any other data or information it maintains.
If you wish, you can prevent Google from recording information relating to your browsing by installing the Google Analytics deactivation browser add-on on your computer. On mobile devices, you can use a private browser or “incognito” mode.
Request for access
You may submit a request for access to personal information held by SDC Laurier Ouest. You may also request that this information be corrected.
SDC Laurier Ouest
Gabriel Dallaire, General Manager
1035 Laurier Avenue West, Suite 201
Outremont QC H2V 2L1
update : 9 November 2023